Acting on the thermal envelope of a building is one of the most efficient measures to avoid energy losses and reduce energy consumption.
The SATE is an acronym for external thermal insulation system. It is a system consisting of prefabricated insulating panels, adhered and/or fixed to the exterior face of the buildings, protected by a multi-layered cladding. This system is used to improve comfort and energy efficiency in both new and existing buildings.
The main advantages of the system are:
- Thermal comfort by reducing thermal oscillations
- Cost reduction heating and cooling by reducing thermal transmission through exterior walls.
- Healthy indoor atmosphere by eliminating thermal bridges and possible surface and interstitial condensation, since the insulation is located on the exterior face of the wall.
- Environmental by optimizing energy consumption
For the application of the system the process to be followed is as follows:
- Installation of the starting profiles
- Application of mineral adhesive mortar
- Installation of prefabricated insulating panels. Different types of insulating materials can be used: EPS, XPS, rock wool, glass wool, cork, ... Depending on the planned solution, mechanical fasteners will be used to fix the panels to the substrate.
- Application of the first layer of mortar on the insulating boards - base layer - approximately 1 to 2 mm thick.
- Placement of fiberglass mesh - its fabric must be pressed into the first layer of fresh mortar.
- Application of second layer of mortar that will completely cover the mesh. The approximate thickness of the 2 layers will be 4mm. Application of finishing plaster - it can be a cement-based mineral plaster or an organic-based plaster (siloxane, acrylic...) - or a ready-to-use plaster fixed to the wall.
I attach some images of some works of rehabilitation of facades with SATE system that we executed a few years ago in Fraga. #RragaFraga
Other advantages to consider:
- Economic revaluation of the property
- Insulated dwellings without reducing interior living space (under renovation)
- The installation of a SATE minimizes the inconvenience to users inside their homes.
IMPORTANT: this is a integral façade system in which all the components of an HVAC system must be designed and tested together for the intended use of the system.
#SATE #facades #rehabilitation #sustainability 1TP5Energy efficiency #sustainability #sustainability #energy efficiency